BLH Computers Inc. is your number one source for recycling electronics in Illinois. We are the largest computer recycling facility in the area with a 20,000 sq. ft. facility. Each year our recycling service processes over 1.8 million pounds of recycling. You can rely on our environmentally responsible facility to easily handle all of your computer and electronic recycling needs. We also provide virus removal, computer repair including computer screen repair and computer sales including laptop sales.
How to Recycle with BLH Computers
- Drop Offs: We don’t currently offer assistance with carrying in any equipment. With recent changes due to new legislation, it is requested that you check with a store location near you prior to recycling.
- Pick Ups: To arrange to pick up service, contact the Springfield Store by calling (217) 585-1580 today. Only businesses can arrange to pick up services.
- Business Accounts: For business accounts, contact Mark Stevens for an inbound service order. You may send an email to email@example.com or call (309) 826-5201.
What We Recycle (For Free)
- Items Accepted
– Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet Computers
– LCD Monitors
– Printers (for large, office printers please contact your local store)
– Computer Peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
– LCD and Plasma Televisions
– Satellite and Cable Equipment
– DVD Players
– Video Game Consoles
– Cellular/Mobile Phones
– Smart Phones
– Telephones (including PBX equipment)
– Networking Equipment and Cables
– Mailroom Equipment
– Point of Sale Equipment
– Power Tools (including batteries)
– Fax Machines
– Answering Machines
– Battery Backups and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
– Surge Suppressors and Power Strips
– Power and Accessory Cables
– Ink Cartridges
– Christmas tree lights
– If an item is not on the list call BLH Springfield at (217) 585-1580
What We Recycle (Fees Depend On Residency)
Fees depend on place of residence listed on driver’s license. Residents of Christian county can recycle these items free of charge. You must bring a valid driver’s license to verify residency. Those living outside of the participating areas are charged a fee of $20 for standard CRT TVs and $10 per CRT monitor. Projection TVs and console TVs are $40. Please call your local store if you have any questions about fees. If you would like your area to be listed and receive electronics recycling for these items free of charge, please contact your village or county officials.
- Items Accepted
– CRT Televisions*
– Projection Televisions*
– CRT Monitors*
– Non-LCD/Plasma Televisions or Monitors*
NOTE: The Jacksonville store can only accept CRT devices with a screen size 32 inches diagonally or less. Jacksonville does not accept projection TVs or console TVs. They can still accept flat screen LCD and plasma TVs of any size. For larger items, please take them to our Springfield location. Same fees and guidelines apply.
*Per State Regulations, you are entitled to a voucher for any money paid to drop off recycling
What We DO NOT Recycle
Items Not Accepted
- Microwaves, toasters, and other small kitchen appliances
- Refrigerators, stoves, and other large appliances
- Broken TVs (broken glass or otherwise dismantled)
- Air conditioning units
- Lamps/Light bulbs
- Vacuum and floor cleaners
- General rubbish
- Audio and Video Cassettes
- CDs and DVDs
- Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detectors
- Bathroom devices (ie. electric razors, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Gas Powered Tools
- Glass, Christmas Light Bulbs, etc
- Mercury Thermometers
- Aerosal cans
- Lava Lamps
- Pressurized canisters of any kind
- Live ammunition
- Needles of any sort
- Adhesives, Paints, Chemicals of any kind
- Alkaline Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, etc…)
- Pre-lit Christmas trees
If an item is not on the list call BLH Springfield at (217) 585-1580. The Illinois EPA has prepared a flyer to help educate Illinois residents on the state’s Electronic Products Recycling and Reuse Act. The flyer describes the new law and contains helpful links. You can download the flyer in PDF format here.
* There may be a charge depending on your residency or business’s address. Please call before bringing in any items of this type.